Emergency Maintenance Requests and Repairs
In the event of a maintenance emergency, please call (800) 274-5053.
We will respond to any emergency maintenance request as soon as possible and within 24 hours. Our phone is covered by an answering service during non-business hours. Our answering service will contact our on-call maintenance person who will respond to your request as soon as possible.
The following maintenance issues are classified as emergency requests:
- Access to unit requested by police, fire department, emergency squad
- Air conditioning not working if temp. is above 85 Fahrenheit
- Break-ins - also call 911
- Broken or frozen pipes
- Broken or inoperable smoke detector
- Broken windows
- Fire - also call 911
- Gas leak - also call Columbia Gas (1-800-344-4077)
- Kitchen or basement drain backed up
- Major appliance not working, including the garbage disposal
- Natural disaster - damage caused by wind, storm or fire
- No heat, if the outside temperature is below 40 Fahrenheit
- No water or no hot water
- Power failure - also contact AEP (1-800-277-2177)
- Resident locked out of apartment (you may be charged for this service)
- Sewer backup (toilet stopped up or overflowing).
- Water leaks or flooding (including roof leaks)
For other emergencies, please call 911 or appropriate support services (e.g. case manager, resident manager or on-site staff) and notify CHN at 487-6700.
Please call 614-487-6778 for any extermination requests.
Also refer to www.centralohiobedbugs.org for ways to prevent bed bugs and how to get rid of them if you have them.