Skip to main content

How To Apply



  1. How do I apply for housing?

    Currently, there are two primary routes to obtain housing with Community Housing Network. We receive referrals from the Community Shelter Board for people who are in a homeless shelter or living on the streets. If you enter a homeless shelter, you may be assigned a Rapid Rehousing case manager to assist you with applying for housing through the Community Shelter Board.

    The other route is by way of referral from a case manager with a Franklin County ADAMH-funded community mental health center. The list of eligible providers is available here: ADAMH Network Providers.

    Occasionally, we have waitlists open that do not require a case manager to apply. Please call our office at (614) 487-6700 to inquire about open waitlists. Waitlist applications are filled on a first-come-first-served basis

    Case Managers may access the Unified Supportive Housing System (USHS) Prospective Applicant File here: CSB: USHS Permanent Supportive Housing.

  2. Once I apply, how long will it be before I am housed?

    Realistically, it may be 1-3 years or longer. The wait depends on move-outs and the number of applications already on file.

  3. How do I apply for a Housing Choice Voucher (formerly known as Section 8)?

    You can apply for a voucher ONLY at Columbus Metropolitan Housing Authority.

  4. I am homeless and need a place to stay what do I do.

    Unfortunately, we do not have immediate or emergency housing available.
    If you are currently homeless and need shelter, please call the Homeless Hotline at (614) 274-7000. If you are living in a place not meant for human habitation, e.g., your car or an abandoned building, please reach out to Maryhaven Outreach at (614) 449-1530 to be connected with an outreach worker.

*For additional resources that may be helpful, please visit our Community Resources page.

Corporate Sponsors:

  • Placeholder Logo
  • Rockford Homes

    Rockford Homes Logo

  • CF Bank Logo

    CF Bank Logo

  • Vorys

    Vorys, Sater, Seymoure and Pease, LLP